About this item
For sale is a Rare WW1 Deutscher Kriegerbund German Warrior League Veterans 1924 Large Sash. This large sash measures 135cm in length x 18cm width.
This banner/ sash states in german;
“Dem soldaten herein Lauingen, von den ehren lauingen.”
This translates to;
“Enter Lauingen for the soldiers. from the honor Lauingen.”
Lauingen is a town in the district of Dillingen in Bavaria, Germany. It is located on the left bank of the Danube, 5 km west of Dillingen, and 37 km northeast of Ulm.
About the German warrior league;
Deutscher Kriegerbund (English: German Warrior League) was a war veterans' and reservists' association in Germany established in April 1873 in Weißenfels.
Its origins lie in a Warrior Association established in 1786 by fusiliers of Frederick II of Prussia's army in Wangerin/Pomerania. The original purpose of the war veterans' associations was to provide their members and former soldiers with proper burial arrangements. Former soldiers felt the need of commemorative tombs that would preserve the dignity of their former comrades-in-arms and honor them even after their death. This type of association received a considerable boost after Prussia's victorious battles against the Danish (1864), Austrian (1866) and French armies in 1871.
A number of these veterans' associations established the Deutscher Kriegerbund by joining efforts for a common cause in 1873. In April 1897, the Deutscher Kriegerbund became the Prussian Country's Warrior League (German: Preußischer Landeskriegerverband). Its former name Deutscher Kriegerbund was kept for certain economic and social dealings. In this form, it was a forerunner of later German military social welfare provisions like the National Socialist War Victim's Care. Since it was initially dominated by groups of soldiers of the former Prussian army, local veterans' associations of Bavaria, Saxony, Württemberg, Hessen and Baden preferred to remain out of its circle. The Deutscher Kriegerbund began the efforts to build a memorial that would honor and represent the German warriors in 1888.
This monument, located on top of the 473 m high Kyffhäuser mountain, was finally inaugurated on 16 June 1896. The building of the memorial pleased and inspired the other German war veterans' associations who had been reluctant to join the Deutscher Kriegerbund. As a result of this change of attitude, the steps to form a wider organization were taken in 1900 and the Kyffhäuserbund was formed. This inclusive organization integrated the formerly scattered German war veterans' associations, which had been one of the main aims of the Deutscher Kriegerbund.
This sash is in good condition, unfortunately there is some wear to the back which can be seen in the photos. Please also check my other eBay items as we have another sash from the same town Lauingen. This will be sent via Royal Mail special delivery and dispatched within two working days.
Disclaimer: Items related to the Nazi regime or the Third Reich sold by dealers on this platform are intended solely for educational, historical, or TV/film prop purposes. Militaria Zone does not promote, and is strongly against, the hate ideologies and atrocities committed during WWII.
The law regarding sales of items like this vary depending which country you are in. If in doubt, please check the law in your country.